Thursday, May 17, 2012

Billy Bob Thornton About His Marriage To Angelina Jolie: "I Blew It"

Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie’s marriage was undeniably one of the stranger ones in Hollywood, but Thornton opened up recently and revealed that he "blew it" because he didn’t consider himself good enough for her.



In an interview with ABC’s Nightline, Billy Bob discussed about his brief marriage to Brad Pitt’s fiancée.

"I blew it because I didn’t think I was good enough for her," the 56-year-old actor stated.





"She has one way she wanted to live her life and I had another way to live mine," he claimed. "I was just too insecure."

When they were married Thornton reveals that critics would say he wasn’t worthy of Angelina’s affections.

"People actually said that I didn't deserve to be with her," he told.




During their marriage Angelina’s fame grew with her "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" role. "When you're in a relationship, any two celebrities or whatever, you know, I think that puts on a lot of pressure. When Angie and I got married, during that time, I was more famous than she was to start with and then she becomes this big thing, it's hard in these relationships," he declared.

It has to be noted that Thornton has published a memoir titled "The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts" and Angelina wrote the introduction to the book, but looking back he stated that he was responsible for their divorce.

"We had a great marriage and I chickened out because I didn't feel good enough. That's all that happened. It was no big deal, we never hated each other," he added.




Well, Thornton is very honest about his feelings towards Angelina, but I guess now it's too late...

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top //PART 2